• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else use Implanon?

I just got Implanon inserted today and was wondering if anyone else has or is using this form of birth control. What are your likes and dislikes and when did you get your next period? Was it on time?

kvanness0824

Asked by kvanness0824 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Health

• I just got it inserted for the second time last week. I used it for the 3 years the first time and got it removed when I was ready for another child and I got pregnant just 2 months later. My likes would be that I still get regular periods, no weight gain, easy to insert and take out. My dislikes would be that my periods were sometimes a little longer but not heavier, and right now with my 2nd insertion it hurt a little more because the doctor said there was some scar tissue from before. Other than that this will be the birth control I will be sticking to for many years.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• well i havent used it i dont really use bc except for medical purposes but i havent heard of that do you think that will help with sists on your ovaries i did do the depo shot back in nov of 08 and im still messed up from it.so im scared to do it again
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 5:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Its an implant that goes into your arm and is good for 3 years. I don't know to much about it and if it helps with cysts.
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 5:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• nope, never heard of it
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011