LOW ADNORMAL PAP

HEY I HAD MY PAP AND THE RESULTS CAME BACK LOW ADNORMAL HAS THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE I DNT FULLY UNDERSTAND IT DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE HPV OR WHAT? IM HAVE ANOTHER TEST COMING UP BUT NOT UNTIL AUG 11 SO IM WORRIED PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had the same result when I had a pap smear after my pregnancy. I then had another test done and some spots were still there. She said that it could be hpv but then I told her it couldn't be because my husband and I only have only slept with each other and hpv is sexually transmitted. She then said it could be just abnormal hormones and when I have my next pap smear it could be gone. It seemed like no big deal. She said it was mild and no reason to cause alarm.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 2:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Having an "abnormal PAP" is actually really common. Always remember that its normally only really serious if the doctor makes you come back in right away. Abnormal PAPs can be anything...HPV, a different type of STD, even stress causes abnormailites!
    wpured

Answer by wpured at 3:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• It does not necessarily mean hpv. as wpured said, it can be stress related. It can be caused by pregnancy, several things. It is of not major concern right now. It is very common and if they said it is low grade changes, you are good. You just have to keep on top of it and continue with your checkups so it doesnt progress to something more serious. Mine has become cancer on the surface which is the last stage before you have cancer. You are fine though, just go back your follow up and ask the dr any questions.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 3:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• WELL I DID ASK THE DOC IS IT FROM STDS HE SAID NO
    Anonymous