After giving birth, how long before you can start working out?

I want to lose this baby fat ASAP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think once youre cleared at your six week check up you can.

Answer by gemgem at 3:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• As soon as your released by your doc, but if you are bf then you might want to take it slow because you will need that to feed the baby.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• That depends entirely on how you're feeling at what your doctor tells you! I wanted to start right away but was not in good enough condition for quite awhile...

Just start small. Go for walks, and when you can do that without it being sore, then try running, etc. Don't just dive in hardcore!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• two weeks later! thats what the dr. told me and i had a c-section!
    Anonymous

• your dr will tell you wait till your apt and ask him it all depends on your health and what kind of delivery you had. if your breasfeeding you may just be patient you will need more calories so you wont be able to cut down on those.
    Anonymous

• Depending on your bleeding and the type of birth you had, you can always start slow with walking. You can start doing Kegel exercises one hour after birth! This will help shrink your uterus, which means: smaller uterus = smaller tummy sooner.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I started walking at about 2 weeks PP, and hit the gym after my 6 week check. I think it really helped me with my recovery.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2008