What laundry detergent do you use?

We just moved and for some reason I though, I should try a cheaper detergent. I guess I thought everything else has changed maybe this should to. So Arm and Hammer seemed like as good of a brand as any. Boy was I wrong. I didn't even finish it before I switched back to Tide.

What do you use?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 11:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I use ALL free & clear because both my daughter and my husband has very sensitive skin and this type doesn't irritate them. I have good success with it too, but let me also state that our laundry is typically not that dirty. I only have daughters and they're kind of prissy so I generally don't have to battle mud and grass stains, things like that. In other words, I have no idea how the ALL would do on majorly soiled laundry.
    However, if you like Tide and have good luck with it, I'd just stick to it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There's always coupons for Tide I see in mailers at my house, so clip them if money is the issue.
    Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I use MelaPower and it works great and about a third of the price of the Tide. I get it directly from the manufacturer and they ship right to my door. It's awesome!
    mrslabel

Answer by mrslabel at 2:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Gain and I LOVE it!
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 11:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Arm & Hammer Power Gel. I love it.
    Anonymous

• Gain, the kids an husband cant use Tide.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Tide! I really love it
    reem114

Answer by reem114 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Gain and Dreft for my newborn.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Costco's earth friendly, sorry, I don't know the exact name. I've been using the big tub of powder from costco (again, don't know the name!) but it leaves stuff on my darks, so I had to get the liquid. But I LOVE the smell of the dry stuff.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Tide April Downy Fresh or Sun for Clolthes - and Gain Lavender for linens
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 11:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i'd been using tide with downy but lately it just seems to have lost all it's oomph. i just switched to method and i love it so far.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011