MIL and Metaphysics???

My MIL beliefs are aimed to the study of metaphysics. I know this because I've just an email from her. To tell you the truth I don't know much about her philosophy. She talks about energy and meditation, and gurus. I want to reply her email. DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING RELEVANT ABOUT METAPHYSICS THAT I COULD WRITE/WRITE MY MIL ? As a way to initiating conversation?? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You can always ask her about her meditation practices? There are many theories and practices that go with metaphysics and it would be a good start to just ask her specifics. . . sorry I am not much help but without more detail . . . Start off asking her about her beliefs and practices.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 11:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Just ask her flat out... tell her you have no clue. I'm sure she'd be happy to explain her specific beliefs to you.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Metaphysics is basically the "Study of Spirituality." Her beliefs could be literally anything. So, I would suggest you talk to her to find out what her exact beliefs are.

I would also suggest you check out Metaphysics 101 that should give you the basic understandings about what she's most likely looking in to, reading and some of her understandings about the world, spirituality and so on. It may help you to understand her a bit more and give you a jumping off point for talking with her.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• @samurai_chica Can you define "guru" for me? Thanks
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 11:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I know ALL about it. I am Hindu, studied metaphysics, i meditate daily & i have a guru. Please message me if you have questions, i would love to help. Your MIL sounds cool!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I wold tell her that you find her religion interesting & that you would like to learn more about it. Ask her if she can teach you or recommend some good books. She would love it if you honestly told her that & asked for info....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• "Guru" describes a spiritual teacher. A Guru has the power and wisdom to dissolve spiritual ignorance in a disciple. A true Guru has attained a extreme high degree of spiritual development before acting as a Guru. A traditional Guru has achieved God-realization before starting to teach. Exceptions are, when a Guru starts to teach while his Guru has still a physical body and spiritually supervises and guides him. In this case he often refers to his Guru when teaching to his disciples. A fully realized Guru having attained God-Union during the present incarnation has no need to refer to anyone else but God, as God is his true Guru and supervisor during his activities while teaching. He acts on behalf of God, never on behave of his personality.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:47 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• @Samurai_chica How many disciples does a Guru usually have? As well, does he/she teach classes or is it more of a personal one one session that you would instigate with the Guru? I hope you do not mind me asking. This is very interesting to me.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 12:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• if she is talking about energies. . . there is Chakra energies and Karmic energies. . . many believe in a three fold principle--what you send out you get back times three. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 11:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Kirs, Thank you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011