Maybe a little in the dark here, but what was the final word on the proposed stimulus package?

I know that a second stimulus package was proposed but I haven't heard anything about it in a while. I was wondering if someone could update me on it. Thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It is going for infrastructure and to create jobs. Has to be drawn up and ready to go the day after Obama is sworn in. Just remember that it does not mean jobs will come fast and furious. Plans have to be made and policies have to be set and on and on. Might be a couple of years down the road. No check for the poor and middle class this time.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No idea. They talked about it them moved on. They were supposed to discuss it when they got back this time but I havent heard anything about it. I think they are going to wait until January to pass another one since they are talking about bailing out the auto industry and bailed out wallstreet.

Answer by gemgem at 3:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• OK, so maybe I am not super special. I just assumed something was decided and I was completely thrown out of the loop.
    Anonymous

• we wont be seeing anything i don't think.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 4:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I don't think it's like the last stimulus where people got a check. I think it's more to shore up credit cards so banks won't charge such big interest rate on their cards or something.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• The only thing I have heard is that it will be on his desk when he is sworn in so he can sign it. Don't know what it entails though.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 6:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It'll be used to extend food stamps, unemployment benefits, and infrastructures. Nothing for any of us, I'm afraid :-(
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• we don't honestly know anything of what is going on with this, so people can take wild guesses but they might all be wrong. I agree with USMC it will be on his desk and he will sign it .

Don't know the entails nobody does!

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was listening to this on cnn. foreverb3 has it right that is what they are expecting it to be. Mostly unemployement, creation of jobs, extening food stamp benifits stuff like that. We are not getting another check.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Nancy Pelosi would like to push a $500 billion stimulus package ready as soon as Obama takes office.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081201/us_nm/us_usa_economy_stimulus
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2008