Anyone else have problems with their sig?

CafeMom says the character limit for sigs is something like 2,000 characters. So can anyone tell me why my sig of about 1,000 isn't allowed? It says it's too many. I don't understand. Has anyone else had this problem?

katythemm

Asked by katythemm at 3:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Everything in a rich text field has code to format it for size and font. Even blank spaces have code that tells it to stay blank. Also every single character in the actual url for your links count as charaters in addition to the text or graphic you are using for your hyperlink. it could very well be that what seems like a 1000 character sig is actually much bigger. Also, whenever you edit your signature the field keeps the original formatting code. It's the writing you see right when you open your signature to edit before it loads fully. You can't get at it so you can't change it. Usually if you copy only the signature ( not the whole field) into a new signature it fixes the problem. Or you may have to limit the number or size of your links or the number of blank spaces. HTH
    ImNewHere

Answer by ImNewHere at 4:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I know, I use HTML. I put the CODE AND ALL, as in all the HTML, everything, into Word for a word count and character count. I've tried several things.
    katythemm

Answer by katythemm at 7:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2008