Am I being silly?

My husband works 70-90 hours a week and I'm a sahm. So when he is home I do everything for him, he has a physically demanding job and gets very little sleep. When he need something he'll say "hey babe get me some boxers so I can take a shower." or something along those lines. Now sometimes it doesn't bother me at all, but today it really got on my nerves and I told him can't I get a please and thank you? His response was "I thank you everytime I hand you my whole paycheck and let you do whatever you want with it." This is true, I could go on a shopping spree for myself and he'd never say a thing, he is a great provider, a wonderful father, and makes me happy in so many other ways. So am I just being sensitive, or should I demand for more appreciation?

lovinlifewith5

Asked by lovinlifewith5 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Your not being silly love. I'm a sahwife so I understand how you feel. Sometimes you just need a break. In order not to take it out on your husband once a week go have a me day. A day where your not bothered with kids the house or the husband, go get your nails done, hair done and whatever else relaxes you. And then let him have his guy day That way in return the both of you are happey and still in love. It works. Be blessed love.
    jenkinswife2011

Answer by jenkinswife2011 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It is courtesy to say please and thank you. Besides it is a example that needs to be set for your children.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Id want a thank-you to. I see both sides of this, but you deserve some appreciation, and I mean a thanks honey, or Im so happy I have you baby. Thats NOT asking to much.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• There would be nothing wrong with him still voicing a thank you every so often but that could also be returned but letting him know how appreciative you are that he provides so well for the family.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't think it's silly, it doesn't hurt to say please and thank you regardless if he brings home the bacon or not, it's just common courtesy to me.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We all need to feel apprecaited and loved. How hard would it be for him to say Please & Thank you. I don't think your wrong, I think he is for even saying that. I am sure he didn't mean it that way, but we hear it the way we want.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• No, i don't think your being silly. I think it's common for men to feel like their fulfilling all their wife's needs and desires by supporting them financially. It's a misunderstanding that needs to be addressed. Two people should be sensitive to each other's needs and desires. My DH and I aren't in the same situation, but we struggle with this in terms of he feels like he meets my needs in a certain way, and I keep trying to communicate to him that I want something different. I think it has something to do with love languages. Most important thing is that he's willing to consider your feelings, and that you're able to express them in a way that doesn't make him feel inadequate (good luck with that!).
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Do you thank him every single time he gives you his paycheck that he has earned working 70+ hours in a physically demanding job? I understand where you are coming from, but give the guy a break. He's doing what he needs to do to provide for you and his family. Yes a please here and a thank-you there is nice, but he thanks you every time he hands you the money he earns to take care of you all.
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 11:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Aww! He deserve to do everything he wants. And you are the one who should say thanx to him.
    reem114

Answer by reem114 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Besides, I think it's basically wrong thinking for men to think they do more because they work outside the home and bring the paycheck. A stay-at-home mom works very hard raising his kids (what could be more important?!) and making a home for him. That's a lot!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2011