How many kids is too many?

I tend to think that if you can provide monetarily, attentions wise and love then there is no limit. But truly you as a parent can only be divided so many ways. So how many is too many? I also think that it could be different numbers for different people. My sister says her limit is 2. I am going to be having my 4th soon and I could see having maybe 2 more but I know some would think that I am nuts.

So I guess this is a two part question. How many is too many for yourself? And how many is too many for a normal couple?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 11:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• If you can provide for them and give them the love they need there is no limit.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• For me? I'm happy with one. For anyone - I'd say once multiple doctors tell you to stop, it's time to stop.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I feel that when your older children have to start helping you raise the younger ones (like the Dugars-sp?) then that is too many. You should be able to care for your children NOT have children care for children.
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have 3 and I think it's to many. We tried to stop but nature had other options. Not that I don't love my children to death, but yeah, it's to many! I feel overrun most of the time.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would say more than 20 is definitely too many.

No, seriously, I think spottedpony said it right on. As many as you can care for physically and emotionally and you have the energy for, and that could be different for different people.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am pro choice and wouldn't dream of telling anyone how many is too many. Only a control freak who has a narrow world view would.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• vBRUNO, i AM HIGHLY offended by your thinking, God said to be fruitful and mulitply, I feel that my 5 are wonderful and I plan to have at least 1 more! They are all in sports, and we do a family day every Sunday, and noone is neglected in any form! Maybe you are just a selfish, bitter, unloved woman who cant imagine sharing yourself with children who would love you regardless! I peronally believe God chooses how many children I have , and we are financially and emotionall very well off to handle our kids! It is a personal opinion, and NOONE should tell another how and when to stop having kids!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Too many for me is 5
    Too many for a couple 9
    Anonymous

• whew, good thing your asking us and not Michelle Duggar. LOL

I guess it depends on what you and your dh feels is right for YOUR family.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My grandmother had seven within 7 years from oldest to youngest... I have two (at the moment) 15 months apart... She wants me to keep on going "Oh have 5 more!"... I'm good, I'm done, I don't want any more babies until these two lovely sons of mine get a bit older (3 and 4 maybe?) ... Oh my.
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 12:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2011