Say you met a guy that you liked...

you really liked his personality, but he was alittle overweight. especially in the stomach area, & thighs and it made you not very physically attracted to him. what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Does he treat me well? Does he make me smile? Is he sincere and thoughtful??

He can possibly lose weight.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm with ItsJustMe. Plus... I can get past a physical trait in favor of a really great personality. I have had huge crushes on rather beauty-challenged guys lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• He would be a good friend... I don't consider myself shallow, but when I am first interested in someone I need to be physically attracted to him in order for it to work. Now if 15 years into the relationship the beautiful man I fell in love with wasn't so handsome anymore, completely different story.. but before love is an established strong foundation in the relationship... I couldn't do it.
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 12:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• That's where there's a huge difference between "like" and "love". Right now you just "like" him, and that's pretty surface, but it could be the doorstep to love, a place where every lump and quirk is dear to you. Don't rush, just leave the door open and see what happens. :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm in the middle. Looks shouldn't be the main reason for the relationship but you have to be attracted to the person otherwise it's just a crash and burn situation to me. However, weight can be fixed if that's the only "beauty" issue you have with him.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i dont think being shallow is a good reason to blow off a good guy.
    AbsynthLynn

Answer by AbsynthLynn at 12:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had crush on my hubby thing god we're married. That's the only crush I had in my life.
    reem114

Answer by reem114 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Never go into a relationship saying "well, I can change that later". What if he doesn't want to change?
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:13 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• everyone has flaws. if you're truely want to, you can get over that bump, and not have to see his flaws, but see him for himself.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• When I was in my early 20's I met this gut who was 6'5 and about 450 pounds. Everything about him was huge and somewhat unattractive, and I myself weighted maybe 110. but that guy was the nicest, sweetest, people that i had met in my life. The way that he treated me made me accept him who he was. Hell, he couldv'e told me that i was too skinny.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2011