Postpartum depression (piog)

Is it possible for postpartum depression to happen nearly 3 months after giving birth? I was perfectly fine other then constantly feeling anxious when I am not at home with him. until a week ago when I started to feel like crying over nothing. Tonight I was lying in bed with my son talking to him and getting ready to read him his story when I just busted out crying hard for nothing. We were having fun and he was smiling and trying to laugh and I just started to think how much I love him and bam it hit me out of no where. I have found myself getting a little lax in his care. Nothing major just not doing his laundry as often as I had. Just little things. I love my son and have no bad feelings towards him. Maybe its just that I have not felt this immense amount of love in such a long time. I would appreciate any input or advise. I also will be calling my doctor in the morning and asking him about this. I just want to hear from other mothers because frankly not all doctors really get what a person is feeling emotionally. Thanks for reading all this.

angelmine2011

Asked by angelmine2011 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Health

• Keep in mind your hormones are still in overdrive and they can play a huge role on your emotions. I'll tell ya, I was never one to get emotional about the little things but since I've become a mother, and my youngest is 8 months now, there are times a 140 character tweet can bring tears to my eyes, commercials, tv shows (to include the simpsons). As long as it doesn't take over my life, I'm pleased with the way it has softened my heart. Now my situation seems different and if you're concerned with it, definitely talk with your doctor :) Good luck and congrats!
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 12:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Naa, doesn't sound like PPD to me,
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 1:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• you could have had it the whole time maybe its just getting worse or maybe your just starting to feel overwhelmed gl
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 5:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yes, and you are thinking right, by calling your dr
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2011