How do I get my daughter to like me and not be so mean all the time?

pinkunicorns

Asked by pinkunicorns at 1:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Its hard being a parent. Try asking your daughter, what you ladies can do to have a better relationship. Then, see if you ladies can compromise.
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 7:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It sounds to me there is some resentment there from way back......maybe you should clear the air once and for all.

Answer by older at 4:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• How old is she? Is she still at home? Stay out of her business. Rifts can happen at any time even if you were good friends. If you have tried ans she refuses then maybe it's time to drop back for a while. As she matures things will change. Just be patient. Just be sure to let her know she can not disrespect you or your home. Period.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• ignore her, I do I let my son rant, he is disrespectful at times. just walk away from him, I get quite, let him think. see how he is acting--sometimes... he is so much like my ex I can not stand it. [husband]
    AMMA554

Answer by AMMA554 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2011