Pet Peeve...Neutral???

So my sister is having a baby here shortly. She was not able to find out the sex so therefore we have to do neutral colors. Bedding and theme not hard, but my goodness what happen to the gender neutral clothing other than onsies. And what is it with all the ducks. What about lambs, bunnies, dogs, cats and so on. Or what is wrong with stripes and pokie dots in neutral colors. You would think there has to be somewhat of a demand. Sorry wanted to vent and wondered in anyone else wish there were more to chose from. I mean not everyone finds out the sex of the baby. Neutral is also good to have to pass down.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 1:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When we had our daughter we chose not to find out the sex, I didnt have any problems finding neutral clothing, most stores I found even had sections of neutral colors.......beiges, greens, yellows and for me quite a bit of the light blues could go neutral also. I guess since your having problems, I would just get the few outfits that you can get that are neutral then once the baby is born and you know the sex do the majority of the shopping then, they do not wear much other than onzies, white shirts and blankets for the first few days anyway. Our baby ended up being 5 weeks preemie and we had to end up going shopping as soon as we left the hospital anyway as we didnt have any preemie clothes. Where have you shopped so far?
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I knew the sex of my children but never wanted all pink or blue clothing. I always had good lick finding neutral clothing at the Carter's stores.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Shop after baby is born. I had a 10lbs 5.3oz girl, who only fit in size 0-3 for two weeks. She's now six months old and in 18mo size clothing. After the baby is born, help your sister by doing the shopping, since she will be very busy. :)
    Rose4Lily

Answer by Rose4Lily at 2:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had the same problem with my first child, I was unable to find out the sex and I could rarely find anything neutral in clothing, I agree they really should make more of a variety!
    tgh46737

Answer by tgh46737 at 3:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Well to those that could find things, you must live in a nice large area with a variety of stores. I am kinda not in a huge area, and have shopped in a few different areas. I was able to find more when I had my first 5 yrs ago and didn't know, but the selections in dwindling now days.
    MommyPeck3

Comment by MommyPeck3 (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I hear you
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2011