Why do people( other moms here) ask a questions then get defensive over the answer?

Shouldn't every answer be "taken with a grain of salt" and appreciated? after all the person answering in giving their time and effort to help out another mom, am I right? or do i just have it all wrong? lol

I'm putting this here because we all have some sort of relationship here even if it is the cyber type

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Sometimes the truth hurts and so does a forked tongue.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I often think that myself, I feel if your going to put a question on here you have to be open to receiving all types of comments some that you wont agree with, you cant expect everyone on her to tell you what you want to hear, its one thing to defend what you think but its just silly to get defensive and often rude when your asking for opinions, I also know some comments can be rude and offensive but as the asker of the question you have to expect that to some degree.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Because lots of times, people just want to hear that they're right and do not want any real, useful advice to solve their problem.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i am with you if your put a ? on here you have to be open minded ever one has there own way of thinking and dialing with what ever problem you put up.
    lilangel19

Answer by lilangel19 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Being this website is full of estrogen. Mothers are just naturally defensive. Comes w the territory.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Some people are LOOKING for a debate. They get off on it.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think sometime other moms write some bitchy stuff and its hard not to get mad I try to read over all the qu even if I don't like them
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 3:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Most of the time they just want to hear that they are right. No one likes to be wrong, I guess.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Many of them just want to hear they are right. They think everyone is going to 'side' with them. They do not like being told they made a mistake, they are wrong, etc. They however forget that we can answer anyway we want to and then they get all pissy..just the way here at CafeMom. Gotta love it or don't sign on!!!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think also maybe they're just looking for something to complain about.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011