For moms with 3 or more children....

Have you become a more relaxed parent with the more children you have had? I remember being so paranoid with my first 2...#3, 4, and 5 have to be bleeding out the eyes before I freak out (just kidding). Have you relaxed and if you have what have you done differently with the first that you don't do anymore?

lovinlifewith5

Asked by lovinlifewith5 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm definitely more relaxed as a parent now, since I've had 4 kids. I know the difference between something serious and a cold, between a real behavior issue and normal kid stuff. I hope I'm becoming a better parent as time goes along too. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:20 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• The 1st one I had to be just that perfect mom and I could tell you how insanely perfect i had to be and you would die laughing, lol
    the 2nd one was a little bit more laid back and so was the 3rd......I have the 4th and have learned and realized just how resilient kids are and will survive most situations and they never really remember the good times anyway so at this point I just give up and he will be just fine
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I was never paranoid. I was actually pretty relaxed with my first. All the things people said they did once they had like 3 or 4 kids I did with my first. But even with that I've become even more relaxed. My first 4 survived babyhood...this one will, too.
    My kids are 10, 9, 8, 5 and 9 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:22 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I used to be very care free. Then baby #1 made me paranoid but still relaxed (if that makes sense lol). I was always worried about him, but I was still a leaf in the wind LoL

4 Kids now and I am stressed and paranoid LoL

BUT I don't flip out as much over falls, cuts, scraps and so on.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have three sons; 22,19 and 9. I just remember having LOTS more energy with the first two! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....I don't drive the last one immediately to the ER at the sign of a sniffle either...hahahah NOT that I did that with the first two...hahah
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 3:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I was always a relaxed mom - never had the firs ttime "don't touch the baby!"thing going on. I now have my fifth and final!

Answer by missanc at 8:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes! I am confident in my parenting skills now, and 5 kids is the way to get that way...lol I cant wait or #6!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• #3 gets chocolate and other "forbidden" foods. With #1 I went completely by the book.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2011