Has walmart ever NOT taken money out of your acct?

I spent a little over $100.00 at wal mart about a month agoi used my debit card.. The money has yet to be taken from my acct! All my purchases from b4 that date and after have been accounted for but this one. Even the purchases b4 and after at walmart have cleared. Has this happened to anyone? Could I be sooo lucky as to have transaction lost forever?

GRAM1976

Asked by GRAM1976 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Money & Work

• you can either consider yourself lucky and not do anything about it, but you might get the unpleasant surprise a month or so from now, wondering where the heck your money is, when you're short $100....or you can call and see what's up...it's really up to you. as for me, wal-mart not take money? from me.. lol...i wish :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• well you could like armywife said consider yourself lucky but might be shocked later when it comes out or you could call your bank to find out whats up i guess its up to you. maybe you really did get luck who knows. never had it happen with walmart but safeway grocery store lost one of mine one time it never did get taken out.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I would check into it. Give the store a call. Eventually it will catch up with you and I think they have like 90 days to do it. Nasty shock in a month or so. Sometimes there are glitches in credit card batches.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I have had it happen with other stores, not walmart. I have had things not go through then suddenly show up. Boy it really pissed me off because they were small purchases (like under $10) I had forgotten about. I would call and ask the bank about the transaction. If you have the receipt they should have a transaction number attached to it. I wouldnt spend it until you know youre in the clear.

Answer by gemgem at 4:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It could be that you spent on a day at the end of the month and it didn't show up on this bank statement. I'd wait till next bank statement to make sure.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• That probably has more to do with your bank than Walmart...I'd keep the money in there because if it does come back at least you do have the money to cover it!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It probably went through, but they haven't sent the "paper work" in yet so it's not showing on your account. You see first it goes through as a deposit, if the company doesn't give the correct info to take the money within 3 days the deposit is dropped. BUT it's just taken at a different time. That happens a lot with internet purchases, even with walmart online purchase. But it can happen with store purchases also.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It probably got lost in the shuffle between them and the company that processes their CC transactions. They do have 90 to submit it so don't go spending that yet. I had this happen to me at a restaurant and 5 weeks later they took it out and I was freaking out.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 10:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2008