How long did you wait to tell your older child/children that you were pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wait until I go to the doctor and get the first ultrasound. I had two miscarriages and didn't want to tell her too soon. With my miscarriages they never seen the heartbeat so when they seen the heartbeat with my last daughter I was so excited I told everyone ASAP!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• With the first 3 pregnancies after my first we told the older kid/kids as soon as I tested positive. My oldest was only 7 months old, lol. The new baby was always part of our conversations. When I got pregnant the 5th time we never told them. The only people that knew were us, my friend, other people on this site and my dad. My dad only found out because I miscarried at 12 weeks and I needed him to watch the kids while I went to the ER. We only told the kids I was sick but better. With the last baby I told the kids after I had an ultrasound at like 30 weeks. They never noticed before that and were totally surprised. And only had a couple months to wait before their baby brother arrived.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• We all found out at the same moment.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I actually told my little ones before my hubby because I tested while he was at work over night and I couldn't wait to tell someone.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I know my kiddos, girls ages 8 and 3, will be super excited but I worry about telling them early because I had a loss a few months ago and I want to make sure this little bean is going to stick before I tell them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011