Itchy, Itchy and more itchy!!

I am almost 15 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy, I am so itchy, my belly, my breasts. So itchy! Helpful advice? How do I stop the itchy?

mommastewart81

Asked by mommastewart81 at 2:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would try and oatmeal bath. I think Aveeno makes one. Also you want to put on lots of cream. The itching is usually caused by the skin stretching. Good luck with the baby!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had this EXACT same thing. Oatmeal bath, Lotions, warm baths, NOTHING HELPS!! It's not just the "stretchy" skin, but it's more to it...
    It has to do with your liver producing too many enzimes ( spell check). You need to make sure you tell your doctor. Ask if you can get tested for it. IT's not as simple as stretchy skin. I had to get put on meds, Cost over $200 for one RX. I would stay up ALL night scratching. I couldn't sleep. Soemtimes, I would scratch until I bled, it was bad. Nothing helped. I had to be induced 5 weeks early simply for the fact that it's unhealthy for the baby. MAKE SURE you talk to your doctor about it. PM me if you need anything!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• DONT SCRATCH!! scratching promotes stretch marks....try lots of lotion.. like all the time, try to stay moisturized as much as possible..
    im preggo now and that is the only way i can stop feeling so itchy all the time(the worst spot is right under my bellybutton)...i carry lotion everywhere with me now.
    jayme009

Answer by jayme009 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2011