Serious problem

How do you get rid of mice when you have LITTLE babies/toddlers? We've already tried the enclosed mice traps. The mice just walk over them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I used to own a pest control company and glue traps is what we used most. You place them under cabinets and places the mice likely use to travel about the house. You use snikers (they love that more then peanut butter alone) and make sure you smooth it down as much as possible on the trap because otherwise they can run off with it. What y ou want to do is make them have to get down on the glue trap and get their face caught. Once the face is caught they panic and the rest of the body is also caught. I would stay away from the pop traps if you have kids.

Answer by gemgem at 4:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Try the electronic mousetrap.
    http://www.amazon.com/Victor-M252-Electronic-Mouse-Trap/dp/B000E1RIUU/ref=pd_bbs_9?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1228252630&sr=8-9

Bait it with peanut butter.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Just so you know...
    These mousetraps kill the mice. They are actually electrocuted.
    There is a wall inside that the mice can walk around but little fingers can't wiggle around.
    To keep things as safe as possible, remember that mice come out at night so put your trap on the floor, right next to a wall, when you go to bed and pick it back up when you get up in the morning. Then it's never out for your little ones to play with.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• bump!
    Juliannamommie

Answer by Juliannamommie at 9:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• In all seriousness.. get a cat!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Thank you everyone I will try some of these. I have actually heard really good things about the ones that you plug into the wall and they put out high frequencies to basically repel the mice (someone else can deal with them lol ) I really like the cat idea but our landlord will not allow it. He is "absolutely not interested in any sort of pet!" so that was my answer.
    Anonymous