WTF am I suppossed to do now?

Ok, so I'm sitting on the couch, reading a book when my three and a half month old hound puppy comes tearing through the house (Doing pretty good considering she has a broken leg) and starts trying to jump into my lap. I shoved her off a couple of times and then, detirmened to get my attention the little brat grabbed my shoes off of my foot and took off down the hall. I went after her but, by the time I got to the hallway, she was sitting there, wagging her tail, my shoe nowhere in sight. I have torn up every room in the house and I still can't find my shoe. Has your dog ever run off with one of your shoes. Where did he hide it? I guess I'm going to have to hit Wal*Mart on the way to work tomorrow... Damn dog!

Razzle_Dazzle1

Asked by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pets

• Hahahaha... Sorry. Funny.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• look under the couch, in the bathroom,. make sure it hasn't been ate yet; he trash, under his bed if he has one; under the bed....
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• go to his favorite spot., and hope its not covering a stinking surprise.
    AMMA554

Answer by AMMA554 at 2:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I've tried all of those, and I don't know how she could have eaten it without a trace. The bathroom door was shut, as was my bedroom. My daughter's door was opened but she's asleep so I couldn't really root around in there much, but I did look with my cell phone light. That little mutt of mine just keeps following me around with this look on her face like "Nope, not even close."
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 2:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• LOL- sorry, but it is kinda funny. I have no clue what to tell you, but my KIDS have done the same thing, but with car keys and things like that. I am never able to find them, and then they come out a little later with whatever it is I've been tearing the house apart looking for.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Keep us posted if you ever find it! LOL
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 2:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Offer the other shoe as a tug toy and then when she grabs onto it let her run. Follow her and see where she heads with it. I am not recommending using a shoe as a toy mind you....but desperate times call for desperate measures!

Another alternative, give her a really great chew toy and see if she will hide it in the same area.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Did you say it was a hound dog? Have him smell the other shoe and then follow the sent to the lost one.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• oh, suffer no delusions, she knows exactly where it is. She's enjoying this game. I've tried getting her to hide her other toys and I even tried the other shoe, but she's too smart for me. I'm frustrated. I'm about to become a cat person. My cat stays outside in the barn and she has never once stolen my shoe.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011