Burn bridges or keep a lifeline?

If you've had a falling out with someone, a significant other and divorce (whether or not kids are involved), or a friend and the friendship ends badly, do you burn the bridge or keep them as a lifeline?
I burned the bridge between me and my first husband. I have a friend that I'm trying to keep the friendship going, but will prolly burn the bridge on that one too. UGH!

Droyal14u

Asked by Droyal14u at 2:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't want to be friends or with someone who couldn't respect me, I have had a few people who have burned that bridge and I don't care to know them or anything about them.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I've burned many a bridge in my life. I don't regret it. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do

Answer by admckenzie at 8:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Do you know what burned bridges means......It means "YOU did something bad to make that person not want you in their life".

Answer by louise2 at 7:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I've had a couple "friends" who were in a tight spot financially, helped them out as much as I could, and in the end, screwed me. I will NEVER speak to them again, no matter how much they try to friend me on FB.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It really all depends on the situation. I've definitely burnt some bridges in my life, a few of which I regret. But it's too late to do anything about it. In other situations I just let the relationship die its natural death but at the same time keep the door open for future communication.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• If something happened that the person betrayed me, or violated my trust and I cut them out of my life. I burn the bridge. In the case of my Ex husband, I nuked that bridge.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• To Louise2, I didn't do anything...I wanna burn the bridge so I don't get hurt anymore...
    Droyal14u

Comment by Droyal14u (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011