I dont want to...

My 2 2/1 yr old son is just not listening to me AT ALL lately. I have tried everything to get him to listen. It has gotten to the point where I am left with spanking and I dont want to. I was spanked as a child (with a belt no less) and I swore I would never do it to my kids but OMG he just wont listen. What do you do when you at your wits end with your child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just be consistant. If you prefer time outs, make sure to enforce them. This means you may have to sit with your son for enforce the time out. Don't give in. Once it's over, tell him why he was in time out. Again, the key is to be consistant. Once they know you will give in, they will keep pushing until you do. 2 year olds have strong wills. Hang in there!
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• when i'm at my wits end, i pop him on the butt. i was spanked as a child as well, with a belt, wooden spoon, switch, a hand...needless to say i won't go that far with my kid, i'd only do it with a hand, but i turned out ok!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with ferdo. My almost 2 year old is pretty subborn but when I punish him by ignoring him it really hurts his feelings. It takes him a while to get it but he's a pretty good baby now that he's learning right from wrong.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2008