Alli?

just wondering if alli method works and are there any other weight loss pills, drinks etc.. that you might recommend that might work.

i am going to the gym and i try to watch what i eat but i honestly don't see any improvement. i've never tried any type of weight loss method but exercise so this is new to me. i just want to try something out.

ABBY90

Asked by ABBY90 at 3:13 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I seen on the news the other night that Ali or whatever it is called may be linked to gastrointestinal and liver problems, it has the FDA's backing but I guess they are finding more and more flaws in it. Might want to try something else, hydroxycut seems to be decent.
    tgh46737

Answer by tgh46737 at 3:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It works by keeping your small intestine from absorbing most of the fat you eat. The problems with this are that there isn't supposed to be fat in the large intestine, and when the large intestine has fat in it, it freaks out and cramps up, causing diarrhea, which can lead to dehydration and other problems. Then, because there's fat/oil in the large intestine, it starts to LEAK out your anus. It actually says on the package that it's recommended you wear dark pants when using this product. Frankly, it's time to re-evaluate your diet and consider whether you're working out properly to lose weight. I'm eating clean and exercising, which have helped me lose 59 lbs so far.  Here's my journal about eating clean basics

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No pill will work in the long term. You might consider behavior changes that you can stick with for the rest of your life if you want to permanently lose weight. There are lots of ways to lose weight in the short term, but few of them are healthy (including ANY weight loss pill). Few of them work in the long term. Long term weight loss takes TIME and WORK. You have to be willing to do that. Start keeping a food journal and measuring your portions. You might surprise yourself. I did that, and I was SHOCKED at what I was taking in. I still keep one for a few days here and there to check in with myself.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Last May it was linked to causing severe permanent liver damage and possibly liver failure. You don't need pills! They never test their long term effects before approving them, and they don't find them out until it's too late, look at Fen Phen, Meridia and countless others
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011