A show on T.V. called Tiaras and something....

bad

About mothers/fathers that push their kids into competing at a very early age, even infants, in beauty pageants. What gives? It just seems like the parents are trying to LIVE through their children. I have beautiful sons, but wouldn't even dream of pushing them into the social eye to be viewed for their good looks alone. What kind of message are we sending to our children if we do? UGH!

Droyal14u

Asked by Droyal14u at 3:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't like when a little girl is made up to look like an adult. Some use hair extensions, teeth covers, spray on tans. They have to learn to hold that smile. One I watched was disturbing- the dad said that he wanted to put the money toward college, and the mom said that their daughter wouldn't need college, that she'd learn how to perform in front of an audience.

Answer by Bmat at 9:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have watched it and I wouldnt mind even the makeup because I liked to play dress up as a little girl but I hate when u see a little one crying because she doesnt want to do it or a parent shoving like 20 pixie sticks down there throat cause they are tired...disgusting
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 4:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• toddlers and tiara's. I haven't watched the show, the kids creep me out. I wouldn't mind pageants for little girls if they weren't all made up with spray tans, fake hair and teeth and bikini's. it just creeps me out. My friend entered her daughter in a Cinderella beauty pageant, no make up or fake teeth crap allowed and she won. If the pageants where about their Actual true beauty and not who can cake on the most makeup I would be OK with them.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• it is tacky and creepy. i think it is comfort food for pedophiles.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:57 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• @gwen: Pedophiles don't want kids that look like adults. They want innocent kids that LOOK like kids.

I don't mind pageants, but, I DO mind those crazy mom's they portray on that show. Those moms need punched out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I wouldnt put my daughter in it. i watched it and half of the girls get bribed with toys and things to do well and when they lose man the water works and tantrums it seems to stressful. plus all of the fake eye lashes spray tan and fake teeth. its insane to me i wouldnt mind my dd wearing light makeup lipgloss blush for fun but to completely change your child into this doll i don't get.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 7:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• That is not for us! BUT again who am I to judge people I dont know! God can handle that!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• We would never do that to our daughter. I think it depends on the parents.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I watch it to laugh at how silly th parents look.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• bad

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2011