lamaze

what exactly is the class about? i mean like what all do we do? i have my class tonight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They vary...I guess you'll just have to see! Some are all about the breathing and such, some give a lot of other info not directly related to Lamaze...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If the class you signed up for is "Lamaze" then it will most likely be all breathing. If you just signed up for a child birth education class then it could be anything. Generally it's a good idea to sign up for as many classes as you can. Some women find lamaze helpful and others think it's a waste of time. Some studies even show that it is harmful because the breathing is like hyperventilating and deprives baby of oxygen. Just take in as much info about labor and delivery as you possibly can.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Lamaze is learning the lamaze technique. The breathing, back rubbing etc that you might need in childbirth. Birthing classes can do about anything though. They can have videos of childbirths, both vaginal and csection so you are informed regardless of what could happen in labor. Some also teach you the important of having a cpr infant certification, and even changing diapers.

Answer by gemgem at 4:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• my boyfriend is working tonight and tomorow during my classes. im taking my friend. is that wierd? i figured that if not him someone that id want thats gonna be there during my labor.
    Anonymous

• Totally not weird to bring a friend, I teach classes and often have moms bring family members when S/O can't make it -- and even when they can!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2008