Emergency! Need some help here moms.

Waiting on dh to call me back so that I know for sure he'll be here with the kids if I need to take DD to the emergency room.

I called her doc's office and talked to the after hours answering service and they told me they'd give me a call back with the doc's recomendation. That was 2 hours ago.

I'm going to give you ladies as much info as I can:

*DD was sick, small fever included for about a week. Runny nose just stopped yesterday, but it's still pretty backed up.
*She got her 15 month immunizations last week.
*She had 1 loose stool diaper. Looked and felt grainy.
*No new foods or drinks
*She's been her usual, destructive, loud, "look at me i'm a cutie pie" self. No fever as of right now

**Here is the issue: DD has a cough. I looked up whooping cough and it sounds nothing like it. But all the same it is loud, hacking, and it makes feel so bad when I hear it. She won't cough in her sleep, but when she wakes up..BAM!.

The cough isn't enough to slow her down. She'll be coughing and dancing to yo gabba gabba at the same time.

So no fever, nothing out of the ordinary, but a dry hacking cough....take her to the ER or wait until the doc office opens in the morning.

****Oh yeah, we live in texas and as of the past few days the humidity has been AWFUL. I can barely stand outside for 5 minutes and not want to just lay down and die. Not sure if that has something to do with it or not but there it is.***

Please, please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I wouldnt worry n go in the middle of the night if shes acting normal. Even more so with no fever. Id call her pedi during hours talk to a triage nurse and make a check up. Relax though dont stress your self out.

Mt dds pedi says if a child is acting normal its usually nothing bad. Hed rather see a child whos not themselves and no fever than a child with a fever being themselves.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:54 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Could be croup. Go turn on a hot shower and see if the steam helps. If you have her shots up to date it shouldn't be whooping cough
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Could be allergies.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Looks like i'm a little late to answer the question :) Hope all is well with the little one.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011