HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR MATE HAVING A FACEBOOK, TAGGED OR MYSPACE ACCOUNT? AND MANY OF THE OPPOSITE SEX CONSTANTLY IS ON THERE PAGE WITH ALL TYPES OF PICTURES AND COMMENTS?

mrs.chisolm

Asked by mrs.chisolm at 4:47 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I had a myspace, before it turned into a cesspool of one night stands. It bothered my dh, but he was free to read messages and so on. I mainly kept it for family.

Now dh and I both have a facebook account. He has females on his page I have males. All people we know. We have each others passwords, the page states that we are married and who we are married too and so on.

I have my moments where I wonder about the really cute girl on dh's facebook page but ultimately I let it go.

You can't really stop someone from doing something if they really want to. You just have to have enough faith in each other to know it wouldn't happen.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 4:51 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My SO knows better. If any woman other than his mother posts, he would remove it before I log on. lol
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 5:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Dh sort of has a myspace still (we had accounts from way back when it was new), but he never gets on there. I have a FB and I wouldn't care if he had one. So long as it isn't a secret account, I don't see the issue. If the person feels the need to hide the fact that they have one, that's cause for concern, though (IMO).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Hubs and I both have facebook and I don't have issues with it. We are both open and honest with each other and not hiding anything. He spends most of his fb time playing the games (he is a gamer) so most of his "friends" (that I don't know or have on my page) are gamers too.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had a fb page and it started out as fun for the family members that i don't speak with often, but soon ppl from my high school days started to request me, which was cool and some was guys you know, until my bf took a look at the page (he don't have a fb page) and started to ask questions about the "friends" on my page, I was like they are from school, but he wanted to know if I been out of school for over 10yrs why would they want to contact me and he just didn't understand. I tried explaining it to him but he didn't get it or so he says and it started to have an effect on our relationship so i just deleted it, but my family wants me back
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• ask them who they are. And what kind of pictures is he tagged? I don't see a problem having a fb, but i do see an issue about being tagged, or flirty comments. but if you trust your mate you, should have nothing to worry about.
    ms.grumppy

Answer by ms.grumppy at 12:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• my husband doesn't have any accounts with any of these I have a Facebook account but it only to keep in touch with family
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• u really need not to worry urself if u 2 trust each other but u can get to question ur Dh on flirty comments if it so bothers u. tell him d kind of comments ,or pix u hate 2 c on his page, n he will surely do somthing about it. but mind u when u question him too much he may get offended n dat might turn in2 a big probs, so b careful n do all things in moderation. it is well
    blair16

Answer by blair16 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'm fine with him having his page. He married me and i feel it goes both ways. How can i be on facebook but get mad if he is. we aren't jealous people due to both being cheated on, we know the other knows if they do they are gone. No please im sorry's.
    JenniD1

Answer by JenniD1 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 23, 2011