Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How do i go about getting a swing back that the chick never paid me for????????

I gave this girl a baby swing that i didnt need at the time before she paid me for it and she never paid me then she doesnt want to be friends so i was wondering how i go about getting it back. i know it dumb to give people crap before they buy it but i thought i could trust her.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • Let it go. If u gave it to her before when u didnt need it n didnt need the money this whole times its guna be considered a gift. U only want it back now bc a problem arised. Be the bigger person

    Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • no i want it back because i will be having another baby in 6 months lol i could care less about her.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • If u have a receipt u could take it to small claims court but it prob cost more to go to court than its worth be better off getting a new one. Check out craigslist or freecycle. Congrats on the baby.

    Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • iwill check out craigslist thank you

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • Personally I would go to her home and try one time to get it back (or be paid for it). Be calm and matter of fact.

    Answer by elizabr at 8:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • I'd just call her and ask for it back. If she gave it away then I'd find another one. If she still has it I'd ask for the money or for her to return it. If she refuses I'd tell her I'd remind her it's legally mine and that I'd report it to the police as stolen.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • Buy a new one. The cost of a new one is going to be less than the struggle and stress to get back the old one. Consider it a lesson learned.

    Answer by meooma at 1:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • Ask for it back. If she says no then move on and find another one.

    Answer by TwinkleLites at 1:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • Did she tell you she didn't want to be friends?? WOW.

    Anyway, it might bother me, but since you didn't collect money up front, I would just write it off and get a new one.
    Not sure how long ago you gave it to her, but they have some really cute ones now. don't even know what kind of
    condition it's in.

    Congrats on your new bundle of joy.

    Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • i bet you could find a much better updated one on craigslist. Even at garage sales they were selling swings that swung sideways instead of back and forth, ive never owned one of those. Goodluck and i would let it go too. sounds like she takes and takes. my friend is in the same situation she is owed more then a couple thousand from neighbor's and even pple who she worked with once. i could never understand why she trusted them but lesson learned and now she knows how to say no.

    Answer by americansugar80 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.