Insomnia

What do you do for It? The past 3 nights I haven't been able to sleep and it's starting to take a toll.

KamiB79

Asked by KamiB79 at 5:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Health

• Try a tea, like Sleepytime or something like that. Or, if it's a new thing, try cutting back on your caffeine intake and maybe try one of those OTC pills for sleep. I've seen a few herbal ones (I tried one, but I can't remember what, and it helped). I basically just live with mine, though. I've dealt with it since I was 8, so I'm used to it now (unfortunately). Hope you get some sleep soon! Also, if it lasts for a while, you might want to try to see a doctor about it, if nothing else helps.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• chamomile tea works for me.........or a cup of warm milk.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No caffeine before bed, or late in the afternoon, and try cutting back on things like the computer and tv, which can stimulate your brain and make you not want to go to sleep. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I get in the hot tub for a nice soak. That always relaxes me so I can go to sleep.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I wish we had a hot tub! It helps my back so much to be in a hit tub!
    KamiB79

Comment by KamiB79 (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• set yourself a bedtime, have a routine, and stick to it as much as you can. i know they say that for kids, but it works for adults often too... when i have a lot going on, stress, etc... if i follow my "routine" i notice that i'm more sleepy after and more likely to be able to slow down and at least rest, if not sleep
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Melatonin.
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011