Gas...$5.00 a gallon by summer?

It keeps going higher and higher ...how the hell are we going to afford this?

DreamWeaver669

Asked by DreamWeaver669 at 5:47 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We are all going to have to buy bikes, and drive only when we have too. I know we can't afford that. ugh!
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am scared because it is so high, you know? It is ridiculous.
    mollgirl59

Answer by mollgirl59 at 6:27 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I hate the gas folks with severe passion. They have no real reason to raise prices except that they THINK something bad is going to happen in the future. it's a load of crap & a way for them to pocket billions! I wish i had an electric car sometimes, even if that sucker goes no higher than 60...lol...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I know that we won't be able to go ANYWHERE that is not an absolute necessity. We needed to buy a mini van but now I guess we will have to buy a smaller more economical car to drive, that is if we can afford to replace our old car now. Sucks, Big-time.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• my dh tells me oh well its something you need so just fill the tank up lol im over here searching for the cheapest gas station lol shoot me!! i like the bike idea but with a 6 and 3 year old thats tough

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 7:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Blame the Oil futures traders, is what ABC world news said the other day. Its not even OPEC's fault this time. The wall street morons who speculate on the future of oil are the ones driving up the cost, and the gasoline Makers are reaping hundreds of billions in profit every quarter. The only way to counter this is to DRIVE LESS!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No Bikes for us. I live in a rural area. I have to take a busy hwy to take the kids to school or go to the store. We did have a dollar general built less then a mile from my house so I go there alot for small things I can buy there. Everything else I have to drive 5-10 miles for.

Here gas is fluctuating by 10 cents up and down but has not gone over $3.79 a gallon, which is still terrible. I wish the speculators would stop speculating lol. Thats what is driving up prices.

Answer by gemgem at 8:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• well there is nothing we can do about it so why complain? I know it's alot for gas but we have to have it and make do.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It's a pain in the butt. I have some not very nice thoughts every time I'm at the gas pump. And I drive a Ford Fiesta! I can't imagine what those of you who drive SUV's and minivans are thinking!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I will not be driving my car if it hits $5 a gallon,simply put were already struggling and about ready to lose our home. I will be taking the bus.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2011