Is dyeing your hair blonde unprofessional when your not white/Caucasion?

Just asking, because I'm a substitute teacher's aide as well as an entertainer and I have dyed the majority of my hair blonde so it can be two-toned. My nationality is mainly African American.

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 7:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Beyonce did it, and it looks good on her. As long as it isn't a brassy orangey color it should look pretty good. Now if you said you dyed it blue, then ya that's unprofessional. I don't think the "natural" type colors are unprofessional

View Image

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• ok thanks for answering. :)
    Diamond2010

Comment by Diamond2010 (original poster) at 7:10 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I see no problem with it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:13 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• If it's professionally done and maintained it could be just fine. Her hair looks really pretty doesn't it? :) I don't think it would look all that great if your skin pigment is real dark but worse come to worse....just get it redone. Good luck! =)
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 7:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• As long as it looks good on you, I think it's ok. But I do have to say I've seen many women (no matter the race) that have attempted that look and it looks absolutely comical.....I've also seen it done with red.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It depends totally on you. More important is your attitude, personality and how you carry and present yourself.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes, as long as it's done professionally. American Business Women's Association announces Ten Top Business Women from across the country every year, and this past fall one of the 10 was a beautiful woman of color with Short Blond Hair.

It's not the hair alone, it's the full package, hair . . dress . . .determination . . . fire . . . personality . . . and skill sets.

CathyJELady
    CathyJELady

Answer by CathyJELady at 9:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• its not a question of being unprofessional, its more important if its the right shade/tone for your skintone. the 'unprofessionalism' only comes into play if you begin to look white trash (ie: dark roots, no color-maintenance, damaged hair, etc.).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I've seen many women with blond (both white and a yellow tone)... they look very nice.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2011