Too early for hip pain?

I'm having a lot of hip pain and pains going down the backs of my legs. (I'm thinking it's my sciatic nerve) I experienced this with my first pregnancy but not until I was pretty far along. I'm only 20 weeks now. Isn't it a bit early to already be having these pains? I can just imagine how I'm going to feel in a couple of months!

blainesmommy03

Asked by blainesmommy03 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• welcome to being pregnant im 19wks with my second baby and i to am already have hip and back pain and iv only gained 4lbs so its not that iv gained to much weight.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Whoa, I didn't get that till around 32 weeks, but I'm sure it's possible. Baby must be in a funky position. omg I hated that sciatia so much, I'd have to stop dead in my tracks at work so I didn't fall over! Also when I'd drag my husband on long walks to try to get the baby out and barely be able to walk, I probably looked so dumb limping around!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yeah, my sciatica started at 18-19 wks, even though I didn't know what it was yet. It's completely normal
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I am starting to learn that there is no such thing as "normal" when it comes to pregnancy! No two babies are alike and no two pregnancies are alike either!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yeah, I've only gained 3 pounds so it's from weight gain. I have a long journey ahead of me!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No, I don't think it's too early, medically speaking. Definitely too early for you to be putting up with, though! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No Way!!!! its not too early at all...i started having my hip pains very early 18weeks...try using a pregnancy pillow...its a lil pricey but its worth it...i had my son 2 months ago and i still use my pregnancy pillow...my hips STILL hurt :( they have em' at target :)!
    whattamommy

Answer by whattamommy at 4:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008