Can you make payments on a teacup pig?

Just asking, because I want one when my son gets a little older. They are so adorable, but somewhat expensive.

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 7:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pets

• Why would you get something other than a house or vehicle that you had to make payments on? (especially an animal) If I want something I save up and if I can't save up enough, I can't afford what I want.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 7:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• If you cannot afford to purchase it, you do not need to purchase a pet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You would have to ask the person who is selling them.

Answer by louise2 at 7:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• If a pet costs so much you need a payment plan thats a hefty clue you dont need that pet. cute or otherwise. Yea tea cup piggy's are cute but come on! it's a "designer" pet. It's a genetic manipulation and they charge a ton for what would cost you less than $30 to buy a pigglet. The life span's arnt that long, their diets are strict or they die even quicker, vet bills? hope you have a farm vet as it's a pig, not a cat, dog or bird.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Diamond - Thanks for taking that the right way. I've felt it important to teach my kids the, "if you can afford it, don't get it" rule rather than satisfy their every whim and it has worked pretty well so far. (I have 15 and 18yo girls) If you can save up for it AND be able to provide it proper food, shelter, veterinarian, worming, etc. care then maybe you can work it out. Animals cost a lot to keep well maintained. I have dogs, a cat, and horses....it's expensive.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 8:06 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• So I didn't know what a teacup pig was so I looked it up and I was seeing piglets that cost $5,000 !!!! I personally could Never ever spend that much money on a tiny little pig. But to answer your original question, that would be up to the seller of the pig, and I use that term lightly since really you're only getting a quarter of a pig, maybe less.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• If you can't afford that pet then either find one that you could afford for its entire life or don't get one at all.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• if you can't afford one, you shouldn't get one.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yeah, you have a point RentaMom. Its just I feel like my family would enjoy a nice pet. I already have a house and car lol. I see your point though.
    Diamond2010

Comment by Diamond2010 (original poster) at 7:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• If you really want it. Save for it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2011