Are there any Wifes out there who's husband have OCD

I have been married a little over a year to a wonderful man but he struggles with OCD he has seen my doctors who just want to keep him druged up on meds. If someone is going through this and has come up with copping methods that don't include Med's that turn you into a zombie please let me know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Counseling is great! A lot of times OCD is from control issues. Things have happened in their lives that have made them feel unsafe. OCD is their way of trying to control what they can. It gives them security in an uncontrollable world. If you find a good counselor hopefully he can get to some of the issues that are causing his feelings of insecurity. Other things can help if he doesn't want to go to counseling. Meditation and yoga can help a lot. Accupuncture can help too. It's a very hard thing to fix yourself. There are a lot of books out there too. God bless!
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 7:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I have OCD, and it got worse when I was with my future ex husband. If you explain what exactly he is OCD about I could definitely help. I have been medicated and un medicated. JUst send me a message and we can talk.
    TiffanyNTrista

Answer by TiffanyNTrista at 9:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2008