Is spotting n cramping normal during your 1st trimester

1sttym

Asked by 1sttym at 7:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Sometimes.... I had my period for 4 months and didnt know i was pregnant til i tried to get depo and then i was like 5 months pregnant, you may still want to see the doctor.
    Ganell87

Answer by Ganell87 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You are giving us much to go on, together they can mean trouble.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• well hun each lady is different but normally it means you might be having a miscarriage or some other problems...i would call my doc this morning and discuss my concerns asap
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 9:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yes it is normal
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Well you really can't say yes or no,, it depends on how much spotting, how bad the cramps are, and how long it is going on,, I would make an appointment with my doctor,, my motto is always better safe than sorry,,,please don't shrug it off if you are concerned! Hugs!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am 7 wks along and was bleeding about 1.5 wks ago everyone was like your miscarring... nope went to the Dr and I was bleeding but the baby is fine and doing great. I a couple days later had old blood coming out called the Dr they said that is good (I never had cramping) and now if I wipe once in a while barley any old blood (barley like I said) is on there. But I'm going into 8 weeks and my Dr. said that scince I was working out and stuff he thinks I over worked my body and the plasenta (sp?? or whatever) could have torn a bit but he was not worried about a miscarrage form the ultrasound. Anyways my point is when you bleed that is what people think right away but go to your Dr and they can telly ou what is really going on... and he also told me the first Trimester some bleeding is normal one in 5 women bleed weeks 1-12. GL
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 1:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• When I was pregnant with my boys, my doctor always told me to go straight to the ER if I had any bleeding or cramping. I find it rather odd that doctors say that it is normal.
    ClaraChauteco

Answer by ClaraChauteco at 2:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Depends on what it is.... Old blood is not quite so bad... still go to the doctor they'll let you know what is going on with your body. I had cramps, but I read that was normal so I never worried too much about it, you're just in tune with your body and the new things going on with your uterus and what not. As for the bleeding, I have that too, I was told there is a sac of blood in my uterus and that is what is causing the spotting, but it is now all old blood that comes out. It could be many things, I would get it checked out.
    mommastewart81

Answer by mommastewart81 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had the same thing happen during my last pregnancy and people told me it was normal and I lost my baby go to the ER.

Mazie0723

Answer by Mazie0723 at 5:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2011