Got angry with lover's mom's boyfriend...

I went off on lover's mom's boyfriend for smoking not cigarettes, but MARIJUANA in front of my son that was in a confined area [bedroom]. He was only 5 months at the time on top of that. I wanted to slap the hell out of him when he did that. The reason why I am bringing this up, because some people felt as though I should not have done this. Especially, since mom's boyfriend was smoking in his house. I would not have cared much if my son wasn't around, but he smoked right in front of my son... In a confined area, such as a bedroom at that. This has been on my mind for the longest. What are your opinions, cafemoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I would have slapped him silly, taken him outside beat the crap out of him and then called the cops. I don't give a shit if it is your damn house or not, you do not smoke drugs or do drugs around my kids no matter what age.. take your shit outside, in your garage or ask me to leave.. selfish asshole bastards.. grr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• He was in his house? Were you aware that he smokes? He shouldn't have smoked around your son in any room in anyone's house, but it is HIS house and HIS house HIS rules. You were definitely out of line, you could have just voiced your opinion picked up your 5 month old child and left. JMHO
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:22 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• haha i just posted a question about this then came to answer questions and clicked on this. i would be upset, i fell like they could have waited until your son left its not going to kill them to wait or go smoke some where else.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think I'd be telling MIL if she wants to get to know her grand baby, she needs to come over to your house as you will never go into that house with that man again because he cannot respect your wishes for not smoking in the same room as your son. He's way too young for that crap.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Meooma, let me explain what I meant by going off. I politely asked him once before this event happened of me going off on him if he do not smoke marijuana in front of my son. Then, when he did it the second time, I told him that he was selfish and inconsiderate for doing it, but did not use any profane words while I was talking to him. Before you ask why I went over there knowing that he smokes marijuana... Well, mother-in-law does have a right to get to know her grandson. I can't help that mother-in-law and her boyfriend lives together. I thought he would have common sense not to smoke marijuana around an infant. Plus, I thought lover's mom's boyfriend and I had an understanding, because he said ok when I asked him politely not to smoke around my son. If you think that I was wrong for doing that, then Idk what to tell you except for that you could possibly be these mothers that are passive when it comes to their children.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't care if people smoke pot, BUT HAVE A FUCKING BRAIN AND DON'T DO IT NEAR CHILDREN! You have every right to bitch him out sister....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Anon - not a passive mother by any means but you would have to know me to know that, one of the many downsides to online social sites. Your explanation of why you did what you did wasn't needed just like this response to it isn't required. I think he has made it clear that its HIS house, HIS rules. Grandmother has a right to know and interact with grandchild and in the future perhaps that could take place in other places. My opinion doesn't change. I'm a very strong believer in MY HOUSE MY RULES.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Ok meooma and I respect your opinion and hopefully you respect mines. You don't have to agree with how I feel and I don't have to agree with how you feel.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It may have been their house but he could have used a different room or told you he was going to his room to smoke and asked you to remove your kid. Just because it is his house does not give him the right to put your kid in the position to get a contact high.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My house, my rules....to hell with that. If there is a baby in the room you just don't light up a joint and smoke it. He should have told you what he was going to do. He has absolutly no respect for you or your baby. NEVER go to their house again. If his grandmother wants to see her grandson then she will just have to go to your house. My sister babysat my daughter at my dads house. My dad's girlfriend went upstairs in her room and smoked out the window. I didn't even ask her to do it, she just did. That's the kind of thing people should do around young children. Don't let him around your son again.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011