Smoking pot

Two questions does it bother you to see moms who smoke pot while taking care of their kids? And would you let someone who you knows smoke pot watch your child? Since its 420 and manny moms on my fb post happy 420 i was just wondering what you guys think.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 8:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I hate moms who are selfish enough to smoke pot around their kids. No one who openly does drugs of any kind is allowed to watch my kids and if i find out about it after the fact or that my kids were there when it happen you bet you ass I'm calling the cops and CPS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes it bothers me, and if I knew someone was smoking pot in front of or while watching their kids I would say something. And no, no pothead would ever watch my children. If one had the unfortunate thinking they could and got caught by me they would be going to jail because I would be on the phone reporting them right then and there.

Answer by gemgem at 8:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I really don't care if others do it. I don't see the difference in smoking pot and going out and getting drunk. I would not approve of someone doing it in front of my kids but i do not drink in front of them either. I think that its thier choice but some of the people i know do not get high in front of thier kids. I do not know anyone in the past 20 yrs that has. but i sure know alot that do get drunk in front of them. I think its alot more harmless then drinking. I think it should be legal too. I do not smoke it but i have and i think its the most harless drug out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I smoked pot in high school, then I grew up. I know a few moms who smoke when they're kids are asleep, I think its a ridiculous waste of money. No one watches my kids besides grandma and grandpa and that's one of the many reasons why....you can never be sure what people do when you're not around.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I let a friend of mine watch my daughter all the time & i know she smokes....daily......she is the principal of a high school & is also a part time professor.

She is very successful, very responsible & one hell of a baby sitter. She loves my daughter lots & i trust her more than i trust some other people who i know DON'T smoke pot. Of course, she would never smoke it in front of my child.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Its none of my business, and I would be bothered if they were getting high around my kid's while watching them. It should be legalized and tax the hell out of it already.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i think experimenting with it in highschool or before you have kids is okay. i did, and know a lot of people who did and im sure most of the women who answered this post might have as well. BUT, then there comes a point when you grow the hell up and stop for your kids. i stopped the day i found out i was pregnant with my first, 5 years ago and haven't touched it since. i would be pissed if i found out my child's babysitter was high, and it would be the last time they'd be around my kids.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I want to add: You really never know what someone is doing behind closed doors. I know people who have smoked pot for years that are hard working, taxpaying, great parents AND grandparents, and are civic minded, well-established, and if others knew they were smokers they would be jawdropping stunned and surprised. IMO there is way too much negative propaganda about the affects of smoking dope.  Now stepping off my soapbox!!

meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i personally think it's much worse when parents drink too much in front of their kids. I have a few friends who drink beer daily & get drunk. I am just WAITING for one of their children to get sick & then they have to drive them...drunk...to the hospital. I secretly hope someone would notice they are drunk....but hey...they think it's OK because alcohol is legal...to each their own...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:10 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• OMG smoking pot?! That's *gasp* ILLEGAL!

Get over it already! I'm so sick of people who have no experience with marijuana telling me how it affects me. Yes, I occasionally smoke pot after the kids are in bd. And I occasionally drink a few after the kids are in bed. To me it's the same thing. Except if I get really high and "something bad" were to happen while the "poor sweet innocent" children were in bed, I would be better physically and mentally equipped to handle it than if I was really drunk.
    And just because I know someone smokes doesn't mean I wouldn't let them watch my kids. Just because the do it dosn't mea they sit around stoned all day. Just like everyone who drinks isn't automatically an alcoholic.
    You wanna get pissy about parents on drugs, go for the ones that spend their rent money on crack or heroine.
    Happy freaking 420
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2011