marriage proposal

I want to ask my boyfriend if he will marry me. He had asked me before, when we found out we were pregnant. but it seemed to me as if cause I was now pregnant we should get married, and I said no. Now I have been thinking about it, and he brought the subject to discussion yesterday but didn't ask me. Just sort of gave me hints, like if i was catching on. I played it cool and was like, "oh okay.". So does anyone have any cool ideas. Let me know I'd like to ask him on the 6th during the footbal game or the boxing fight.

RAQUEL956

Asked by RAQUEL956 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I wouldn't ask him while he's watching a sporting event. Men won't find that as romantic as a woman would. He'll be distracted and you won't get the response you are waiting for. My DH asked me the night before Christmas Eve. On the 23rd of December. We spent the night together and then spent Christmas eve with family and announced it to everyone then. Don't rush too much, if he was hinting, maybe he is planning on asking again on Christmas. That's a big day for proposals. Also did he have a ring when he asked the first time? Maybe he got a ring and was just testing the waters when he was hinting.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Oh how delightful and what fun! Could you fix a special dinner on that day and ask him over dessert? Or send him a letter that arrives that day (or hold on to it and give it to him that day) and be there when he opens it?

Answer by Bmat at 4:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I like Bmats idea of a letter, it seems so much easier to put things on paper. Talking always leads to crying somehow, lol. How romantic and sweet. Good luck.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• A girl proposing to a guy is wierd in my eyes. I would give it a while since he is talking about it and see if he does it.
    Anonymous

• You should most definitely ask him!! And I think that asking him at a sporting event is an awesome idea!! He's your boyfriend and you know him better than any of us do, so do what your heart tells you!! Good luck & have fun!! : )
    mandystenger

Answer by mandystenger at 4:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I wouldn't actually ask him. Just talk to him and tell him your original reasons for saying no at the time and let him know that you have reconsidered your decision if he still wants to go ahead and get married. That way he can feel special and get to be the one to ask you, but he won't be afraid that you will say no again.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 10:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2008