Christmas Birthday any Ideas?

OK my daughter is turning 3 this year and her birthday is on Christmas Day, Dec. 25. We have been racking our brains on how to make her birthdays extra special for her. How do you make it extra special when every one gets gifts on this day? We were thinking of giving her a half year birthday (like Christmas in July) but to me that just does not seem to help make her actual birthday special! IDEAS PLEASE!

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Holidays

• My MIL has her birthday on Christmas. It's a pain in the butt. If you can get in the tradition of having her birthday on a different day, then it will be easier each year. I also like the idea of having a half-birthday. She's only 3. She will like whatever you do and follow whatever tradition you set.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• We always did half-birthdays. The kids would get one gift and I'd make a cake. But this doesn't answer your question. Pick a day other than Christmas to celebrate her birthday. If she doesn't have siblings, then the total of the gifts doesn't have to be double but could actually be split between the two occasion. If she does have sisters and brothers then she'll need to have the same number at Christmas as they do (or whatever you do about this issue) and then gifts similar in amount to what the others get.

Answer by Bmat at 4:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Have her birthday party on a different day and make sure her birthday presents are wrapped in birthday paper and not Christmas paper...that will help a lot too!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 6:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My DD's birthdays are 2 weeks apart so we have one bday party. But to make the actual day of their Bday special I make pink Bday pancakes. Pancakes dyed pink. Whipped cream up the sides. and a candle on top. We sing happy birthday and I take pictures (& video till that broke). I have always been broke that time of year too. because my DH birthday is smack between theirs...but maybe a small gift and a call from the grandparents would round it out and hold you over till June. I personally LOVE the half year idea!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Celebrate her birthday the day after Christmas. I think that is what I would do. I'd have an actual birthday party for her the following weekend. Cake and friends and family.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My sons birthday is the 23rd, I always made sure to make his day special, he gets to pick dinner, presents always wrapped in b-day paper, and its all about what he wants that day. Although for the last 3 years since i met my 2 lovely step children that have august and september birthdays we have celebrated Birthday day- Everyone gets the majority of their gifts usually just before the august birthday, and we have cake and Ice cream. On their actual birthdays they get cake again, a small gift, and treated like a prince or princess. I think the half birthday idea is great. My son has never had a "real" birthday party bc it is so close to the holiday.
    prettyeyedmommy

Answer by prettyeyedmommy at 11:47 AM on Dec. 4, 2008