HIV/AIDS?

My childs father had Aids and did not reveal this secret to me until I was going to leave him for abusing me, He quoated " No one will ever want you because You were with a diseased man"! I have not been with any men for 4 years and I'm ready to settle and have more! I have met somebody and He doesnt know I have it But he knows I dont want to have sex again til im married.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• You are legally obligated to inform him of your condition. You can also sue your ex for infecting you and not telling you. Medical records will prove when he knew he had it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• What are you saying, you are HIV positive?
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• sorry to hear that but you MUST tell him before you get nude and crude with him. do the right thing.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• YOU need to get your ass in and get YOURSELF and YOUR CHILD tested.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• So what is your question exactly?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm sorry your child's father did this to you. You do need to let this guy know that you have Aids if its becoming serious though. It will be selfish not to. I will pray that god watches over you and your family when it comes to hard times like this.
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I agree with all the ladies you need to get your self and your children tested . If u get in another realationship u need to be honest with them
    sweetcandiecane

Answer by sweetcandiecane at 8:51 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• That was a really shitty thing for your ex to do..im so sorry. But the one you are with deserves to know just as much as you did. And def get your kids checked out.
    Good luck mommy. Again, i am so sorry he did that to you.... heartless sob.
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• have you or your child not been tested?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Get tested and there is so much more info about what you can do to keep from passing it on to others if you are HIV positive. You have to tell him, but make sure you are super informed first. Find out what your viral load and CD4 count is and they can give you both so much info. ( a friend of mine is an HIV educator)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2011