How do you potty train a girl?

My daughter is now 20 months and we've been using the potty since she was 5months old, just putting her on it and if she pees she peesbut now what? She tells me sometimes when she needs to potty I was jsut going to go directly to panties for her but i really dont know what Im doing. now that shes getting older i want to REALLY potty trin her but I have NO IDEA how to do it.

HapaUmah

Asked by HapaUmah at 4:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you started at 5 months?? wow...never heard of that. well since she's telling you, it means she's interested, so try putting her on the potty every hour. get one of those timers, and every time it goes off, make a big deal that it's "POTTY TIME!" if she goes pee, she gets a prize (like a mini marshmellow.) if she goes poopoo in the potty she can get either 2 mini marshmellows, (or stickers, m&m's, ect. or you can make a potty chart) Gerber also has those panties that have the thick fabric in the middle, so it absorbes more, but doesn't feel like a diaper.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2008