Tootoobusy

Give me your opinion,

I have a son he is great but he is also a little clown and like to be the center of attention and have lots of energy. He just turn 6 a couple of weeks ago. Well there is a field trip from school parents are not going just the kids. I still dont feel comfortable letting him going alone. WOuld you let him go? Or not allow him to go? Or let him go with the class but go on your own car following them?
I let him do things a lone I am not that overprotective but for some things I am lol.
Thanks

Alisim

Asked by Alisim at 9:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Crazy for Credits

Level 69 (2,375,393 Credits)
  • You have to follow your instincts.
    You trust him to go to school alone. This is part of school. I would not single him out and have him not be included.
    I definitely would talk to the teacher and find out the supervision planned. Kids often behave much different, usually better, if the parents are not around.
    My 4 year old goes on field trips. I do not always volunteer. When I am around she is clingy and acts shy. I have watched from a distance without me and she is very outgoing and more of a leader. I feel that being away from parents is part of growing up, learning independence and becoming responsibile for their own behavior.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2011