My gson is almost 3 & I am having problems potty training him!

I babysit him everyday,He doesnt want to sit on it & I dont want to force him,HELP PLEASE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he doesn't want to sit on it, then he is not ready.

Make it just another piece of furniture in the room. Let him sit on it for tv time or story time.
    Our potty chair sat in the front room for 6 months before she felt the desire to sit on it for anything.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• it is a good thing to not force him. Just let him get used to going potty in small victory steps. You can offer treats or a sticker chart when he goes, have him put a sticker on a chart and tell him that if the stickers go all the way across(say a week), then he will get a surprise.

Both of my older boys didn't get a real clue until right after their 4th b-day. My oldest used a change jar. After it was full, he got to use the money to get the toy that he had chosen at the beginning. His brother chose m&m's. We didn't force it, b/c they are so stubborn and didn't want a backward slide of defiance. We'll see how their baby brother does(he's only 19 mnths).

Good luck!
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thank u That really helped
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2011