Should I just go to the doctors or try to get through it?

I know you can't see me and actually give medical advice, I am est 7-8 wks pregnant will be my 3rd child, but it's my 5th pregnancy. I am sick sick sick. I can't shake it. I have an appt in a few weeks but for the past 8 days. I am either feeing sick, throwing up or doing the other thing in the bathroom. I hate to go when they can't help. Im just afraid, I can barely function. I usually volunteer at my son's school every weds. I just can't even imagine being their an hour without visibly looking ill. Do you think I should go or wait it out? Thanks!

Kerinmomof2

Asked by Kerinmomof2 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would wait it out. Ask the doc for the meds that help with the vomiting, and then it should help. It is normal, as you already know, but the excessive vomiting is not good for either of you. Good Luck!
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 4:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'd at least call your doc, maybe they'll recommend an over the counter solution. Are you talking sick like morning sickness or sick like cold/flu?
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Oh honey, *shudders at memories of first pregnancy*. Wait for a few days, then I would say go to the doctors, they could at least give you something to stop the other thing in the bathroom, right?
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 4:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'm not taking anything, other then kids chewable vitamins and lately I havent even held that down. Thanks. I just hate going, and then to get sent on my way. its like if you brought your child in with a cold, um yep they have a cold. bye bye. ya know? I should be better at this by now.. but uuuuhhhhh. yuk.
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You might want to call the doc just to ask, because you don't want to get dehydrated, but there isn't much you can do, aside from saltines and water. Try to take it easy ( SOO easy with 4 kids, I'm sure!!), and eat what you can manage to keep down. Hopefully, it'll pass soon. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• just make sure you don't get dehydrated... that can make you feel sicker and it can cause more problems... i'd put in a call to the dr and not wait...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 12:53 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It won't hurt to call the doc, why not?
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 3:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2008