Do you feel like your husband job is more important then you and your family?

I know that my husband has to work. But sometime I feel like it is more important then our daughter and me. He works for the water dept. He got called out 3 times last night. I fell down and hurt myself last night. I am still in a lot of pain. We have a daughter that is 23 month old. He is gone to work now. Sometime I wish he would stop and take care of me.

TeresaM35

Asked by TeresaM35 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't feel it is more important than us but I do realize at times it has to come first.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My hubs job is important- as he brings in the higher paycheck so I understand him putting work first.... BUT yes, there have been a few times when I wished he would have stayed home and called in a sick or vacation day (especially since he has like 200 sick days accumulated) and helped me out when the kids or I were sick.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not at all. Work for my hubby is a means to an end. He works 60+ a week, but once he walks out the door of work, it's all about family to my hubby.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It certainly was with my ex husband. He only took 2 days off for our honeymoon; he went back to the office the day our oldest daughter was born; there were times when he worked through the night. No employer expects that of their workers. When he wasn't at the office, he was at his computer in his home office. Even when he'd come to bed because he wanted sex, he'd get up right afterwards and go back to his computer. Yet for all that time and all that money, he wasn't trying to improve life for his family. We rarely took vacations, never did any family activities, couldn't spend money on movies or entertainment. I found out after I filed for divorce that he had half a million dollars squirreled away for his retirement - not for US, for him. He always said he wanted to retire early and put me back to work. There was never an us. We didn't grow apart; we never grew together!
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 11:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes and no. He is suppose to get out of work at 5:30 but lately it's been 6:15 or later. He comes home eats dinner then gets on his laptop and works some more. My mind was starting to wonder and since I'm home all the time I was thinking it was me or maybe he was having an affair well lastnight
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• cont.
    sorry I hit something and it posted when I wasn't finished.
    Lastnight we sat down and had a conversation and he said that he hopes things will get better. They got a new rep and the guy is useless and has been making my husband do a lot more work (not my husbands responsibility). My husband is hoping that it all pays out in the end. It has been very frustrating. He is home on the weekends but still gets on the laptop and works. Hopefully it will go pay out.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My Dh gets one Sunday off per month. He starts work at 7am. It is a rare occasion he is home before 630pm. His salary is enough for us to get by on. If we had to pay for housing, we couldn't afford to be here. I love my husband, but last night he got home at 730pm, ate a cold supper, and his gma called to tell him his gpa had colon cancer they were going to operate on this morning, that he had a 15% to survive, he drove 2.5 hrs to see him, drove home just in time to change vehicles and left for work, instead of asking the boss for the day off.(would gladly oblige!)

Dh was supposed to have a vasectomy, but won't take the two days of work off he might need. So, we're abstaining instead.(birth control jacks up my neuro medications, and condoms and pulling out together didn't work, thus Ds #2)
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My husband has been working 7 days a week for over a year now, with the exception of our vacation we took in July, and having Thanksgiving and Christmas off. The only way he can get time off is if he just calls off, and he doesn't get paid for that. He doesn't get sick time or personal time. Yes, it bothers me that he has to work that much, but if he doesn't work, we don't eat. I'm just thankful he HAS a job, many people don't right now. It bothers me when I see him so tired but I'm also proud of him for having such a strong work ethic and being willing to provide for our family. One perk of hiim working all these hours is that we can finally afford to do things like, remodel the bathroom, buy some nice things for our house and take a nice vacation in July ( he will get the week off because the mill shuts down for a week in the summer.)
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• sometimes yes sometimes no I more think that the TV is more important then me and my boys
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2011