Do you think our kids are being raised to be Wussies?

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 9:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think kid's today are being raised to feel entitled to everything they want without having to work for anything. Kid's seem so ungrateful today, and take everything for granted. wussies? no I think they are raised to be lazy and ungrateful.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I prefer to call it sensitive and contientious
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not at all. Look at all the bully issues we have today. I think people are getting meaner and meaner.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:54 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• LOL.I've wondered that myself...I've instilled that" NO HIT" attitude so much into my oldest son that he had to retrain his way of thinking just to be able to run into somebody when he was on his football team! I had to make him know that it was OKAY in this instance,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No, i don't. I teach my child non-violence & if someone thinks she'll be a wussy because of it, that is their problem...not mine.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I wonder that as well. Hopefully we've found enough of a balance not to offend anyone.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Just to be clear I dont condone my daughter to be a bully in any way shape or form. She goes to time out often for playing rough with another child who isnt in the mood to play rough. Rough play here usually happens on the trampoline or with her daddy in bed. There are days that another child tells my daughter to play attack with them meaning they all run around diving on top of one another tickling playing, etc. Hitting & kicking isnt allowed & time outs are called when someone gets hurt. I view this all as being kids & just fun.

In school is not the place for rough play however & being a bully will never be accepted among any of them.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• YUP
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My daughter isnt! She is 3 & a tough little cookie haha Of course I also teach her manners & respect. Rough play only comes when its appropriate & all parties are willing. Now that she is almost 3 1/2 we will be teaching her some more things to help keep her safe in case she is ever in trouble with a stranger, & no not just hitting someone in the ballsack etc but actual real moves. SO likes MMA so he knows sevearl moves & we will teach her ones that will really help her out.

I dont know about other kids but none of my siblings kids are wussies either lol we all live nextdoor to eachother & all the kids play with one another every day, all of them are pretty rough haha
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My husband thinks so. Me, not so much.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2011