Is anyone else tired of seeing kids running their parents????

Since when is it ok for a CHILD to scream, yell, or tell a parent what to do??? I am sick of going to a store and seeing a parent saying no repeatedly to a crying child only to give in to avoid embarrassment. I could CARE LESS if my daughter is making a scene. When I say no, I mean no. I hated the way my parents raised me when I was younger, but when I had kids I realized why they did it. I think more parents need to stop caring what other people think and start disciplining.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I agree. That's why I crate train mine.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I certainly dont care what others think lol I am that crazy mom who usually has to drag my child out of the store while they are screaming (my daughter has major meltdowns). Its either drag her on the floor by one arm or carry her by the neck b/c she is so heavy & moves so much that she ends up to her chin lol

It annoys me when other parents dont stand firm though too.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I agree with that whole heartedly.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:06 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yes & the parents REFUSE to admit that is the case! I let my DD have a voice & speak her mind, as long as it's respectable. But, ultimately I make all the rules!

I always used to walk right out when she freaked out. I wouldn't yell at DD or make a scene. I would tell her "because you can't control yourself, we're going home". And i would leave it at that. Actions speak louder than words ALWAYS. She rarely freaked out like that though, she learned quick that that behavior WILL NOT get her what she wants. Too many parents take the easy way out & let their child make the rules because they are too damn lazy to put effort into fixing the problem...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:06 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• LOL @sleepycupcake...that was great!

I agree...but I also think you're being awfully judgemental as well. You don't know the situation that you think you may know. Children with disorders like autism will do those things. It's not always easy to tell who has it and who doesn't. I think you should probably just myob.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:06 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• LOL sleepy!
    samurai_chica

• I saw this last night. A toddler screaming and throwing a tantrum while her parents begged her to pick which toy she wanted them to buy. Aargh! Annoying!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm only talking about people i know personally....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I refuse to be that parent, My bff's were like that now they have started standing up to their tweens & teens, the kids HATE it. I of course get blamed for it because i'm like WTF did you just say to your parents, it'll be a cold day in hell before you or mine speak to an adult like that.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Absolutely! What do you think they are going to be like when they are teens? The throw a fit for a LEXUS you gonna buy it??
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2011