What do you say to this?

I got an email from a friend today, someone I've known for over 10 years now. He's stood by me thru everything and I love him in a way I will never love anyone else. But he knows I'm in a relationship, knows I'm happy 90% of the time and knows my girls absolutely love my hunny. This is the email he sent...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I've said my truths...

J won't like them...

But it's all you. You are what I want, in dreams/life/my side....

I've said it before...

I'll say it again...

I just want you.

I love you.

Your one and only..

and then his name which I don't want to disclose. What would you do? What would you say to this email? How am I supposed to reply? I don't want to hurt him at all and in all reality if my relationship failed I'd probably end up with said friend but still...
    Anonymous

• I would just tell him. I am already taken, you know this. I don't want to hurt you but it's not our time.To be together.

Answer by louise2 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i would explain to him that your happy and you just want to be friends and if he cant except that then you will proble have to stop being friends
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• How did you feel when he wrote that? Betcha its making you think, isn't it, and wondering.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• He is really not your friend. He is putting HIS feelings & wants above you & your daughters. TRUE friends don't do that. If he can not accept that, then you may have to limit contact IMO. Also the end of your post, " if relationship failed I'd probably end up with said friend? " if you have told him this, then you need to undo what you have done maybe. You may have lead him to believe there is hope for the two of you. If you are truly happy in your relationship, tell him to quit disrespecting your girls & back off. Straight talk is the only way he might get the point.

Anonymous