Can I change my dark brown hair to blond?

if so will it ruin my hair?

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• it won't ruin it if it's done right, and by the right stylist. This isn't something you wanna do yourself as you could end up with bright orange hair or a very nasty Brassy Blonde
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You need to use a bluing agent to take the brown out before you can turn it blonde. I suggest you get a salon to do it the first time. It will damage your hair over time depending how often you bleach it to get rid of the dark roots.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yes mamm...you sure can
    celeb151

Answer by celeb151 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• As long as you make gradual changes as to not damage your hair and I would go to a professional who will know the right techniques to get you to the level of blonde you are looking for.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 10:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yes, and yes

I know a lot of women that have gone blond, but it does tend to damage your hair. Your hair will probably never be the same again. My hair used to be straight to the point of being lifeless. I started coloring it to be lighter and it got damaged. Now its wavy fuzzy. I stopped coloring it about 2 years ago, I'm waiting to see if it will go back to what it used to be, or at least similar.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 10:06 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You could ruin your hair that way. the best thing would be to allow a stylist to do it for you. the up keep on roots is going to be pricey though! Maybe consider some highlights instead. You wouldn't have to retouch as often,
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think if you want to go from really dark hair to blond you should go see a hair dresser because they can do it for you and it shouldnt ruin your hair. If you do it your self there is a chance it will ruin your hair
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes but I would go to a hair dresser unless you know what you're doing or you could end up damaging your hair. And trust me that takes a long time to undo and get your hair back to normal.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Do it inn steps I did that and it took about 5 times to get it to where I wanted it. I went to a salon though,don't do it at home I made that mistake twice and I had to cut all my hair off cause it literally fried it like very frizzy and gross looking lol.
    bellaambru90

Answer by bellaambru90 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It will turn it to straw
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 10:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011