My 11 week old has had yellow poop since he was born. I recently switched his formula and today the poop was dark brown. Is this ok?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 4:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Has he been on formula the whole time? Did he seem to struggle to poop? We need some more information!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• he's been on formula since week 4, the poop was very soft, I gave him water becuase he had not gone in a couple of days - Dr. said he would be constipated for a while during the switch - but I did not expect his poop to change colors.
    expectoct

Answer by expectoct at 4:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• as diets change, the poop will change. Formula change can do this.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 5:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• poop comes in all colors. Only be concerned if it's not coming often enough/is hard balls or is all liquid. Don't worry about poop. Just wait until he starts on solids! Then you'll see the magic of baby poop! :)
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008